Rum village is very easy to reach:
- 1 hour from Aqaba
- 2 hours from Petra
- There is a bus from Petra who leaves at 6.30 am, you just need to ask your hotel to book it.
- 4 hours from Amman
- For the day, often hot: light clothes (but please try to have shoulders and knees covered, as we are in an islamic country)
- For the fresher evenings and nights: warmer clothes
- A good pair of walking shoes, and a pair of sandals
- Your sleeping bag
- A hat, sun glasses and sun cream
- A torch/headlamp for the darkness of the nights in the desert!
- toilet paper and a lighter to burn it
WHAT DO YOU NEED?
- Valid passeport,
- A visa is compulsory, you’ll get it directly at the airport on arrival (10 JD)
- Money: Jordanian Dinar, or JD. 1 JD is more or less 1 euro. In big cities and at the airport, you can change money and use your credit card.
- No compulsory vaccin. Water is drinkable in Jordan.
- In Jordan, it is common to give a tip when you appreciate the service you got. The amount of the tip is up to you, according to how satisfied you are.